What are cookies?
Cookies (so-called "cookies") are small text files sent from the servers of visited websites and applications and stored by internet browsers and other technological solutions on personal computers. Thanks to them, it is possible to provide high-quality services in the business model used and improve the use of it. These files identify the internet user when visiting again or during a single visit in order to improve certain functions, e.g. related to logging in or to provide personalized information. Cookies used on the www.ekogala.eu website are safe and have no harmful effect on the end device. Cookies store only the data that a given website or application saves and has access to. Therefore, they do not store e.g. external data about other websites or applications.
What cookies do we use?
The cookies used as part of the service are divided into categories:
- session cookies,
- persistent cookies,
- external cookies
1) Session cookies
These are essential cookies that allow you to move around a website or application and use its basic functions. They are used in one session. They are used to:
- identifying the user as logged in
2) Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies are those that provide specific functions not only within one session, but throughout the entire time the file is stored on the computer. These are files related to the service performance and its functionalities. Using the performance cookies, information is collected on how the website is used, including data on the subpages visited by the user and any errors. Functionality cookies facilitate the provision of services and remember settings designed to make it easier for users to use our service. Persistent cookies do not collect any information that could reveal the user's identity: they are processed as anonymous data and are only used to improve the operation of the website or application, to recognize the interests of visitors and to measure the effectiveness of advertising. We use them to:
- collecting statistics on how our website and application are used
- check the effectiveness of our ads
- improve the operation of our website by logging errors when it occurs
- remembering user settings regarding page layout, text size, color preferences
- memorizing responses regarding the willingness to complete the survey (so as not to bother internet users unnecessarily in the future)
- to show users that they are logged into our website
- exchange information with our partners to provide services on our website. The information shared in this way is only used to deliver services, products and features and is not used for other purposes.
3) Third Party Cookies
Third party cookies are files that enable cooperation with third party companies or websites. Among them are research cookies that provide analytical systems with data on the popularity of the service. These are also files related to services such as the "Like" or "Share" button. External cookies are used to:
- connections to social networks (e.g. Facebook), which can then use information about visits of individual users to profile advertisements on other websites
- providing research companies with data on website and application traffic
- providing advertising agencies with information about visits by individual users, thanks to which the agencies can present advertisements to users that are tailored to their interests.